Oil Shop Attendant
Oil Shop Attendant
We’re growing fast and looking for a dynamic team to grow with us. The oil shop attendant’s role is to maintain the flow of production of our cooking oils. This person needs to be careful, diligent, clean and organized, and knowledgeable of food manufacturing best practices.
We’re looking for a punctual, dependable, committed laborer to help maintain the flow and functionality of our growing oilseed processing business.
This person has, ideally, worked in food manufacturing, a feed mill, or other agri-business in the past, has knowledge of safety and sanitation best practices, and is highly motivated and willing to learn.
This is a full-time job with necessary weekend hours, opportunities for advancement, and pay increases based on performance.
A note on our culture: We’re working to build a culture of positivity and support as we grow; everyone on our team is willing to pitch in to get things done, and we practice manners and active gratitude toward one another. We watch for strengths and support professional and personal growth. We communicate openly. We are especially interested in candidates who share the values of hard work, kindness, and honesty.
Reports to: Shop Manager (primary) Manager on duty (backup)
Starting Wage: $15 - 17/hour
- Ensure equipment is working properly
- Understand the flow of seed from grain bins to finished products
- Help with purges between seed types (sunflower, canola, hemp)
- Assist with record keeping
- Collect scale tickets and invoices and store properly or deliver to office
- Clean, sanitize, and maintain functionality of the shop, including floors, grain hoppers, seed cleaner, press heads, filter press, holding tanks, winterization tank, and bottling tank
- Bottle finished oils
- Communicate with sales & supply chain to discover appropriate size splits between 35# jugs, gallons, and 750 mL retail containers
- Keep an eye on inventory levels of raw materials, and communicate when levels are low.
- Keep inventory of finished product in the warehouse
- Assist with pulling orders and loading trucks
- Maintain order in the shop, including stacking and wrapping pallets
- Practice all safety protocols
- Ensure use of personal protective equipment
- High School Diploma
- Experience working in a mill or other agri-business
- Understanding of safe practices for food manufacturing
- Clean and hygienic
- Ability to climb & lift up to 80 lbs
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Ability to use hand tools
- Willingness to solve problems
- Humility to ask for help when needed
Full-time Benefits (after 90 days)
- Paid sick days
- Paid holidays
- Retirement account available, with employer match
- Supplemental accident and cancer insurances
- Paid week’s vacation (after 1 year)
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants from all walks of life.
To apply, Please send cover letter and resume to sales [at] susquehannamills [dot] com, use the job title as the subject. Thank you!