Part Time/Temporary Shop Attendant
We’re looking for a self-motivated shop attendant to join our team and support our manufacturing process!
Susquehanna Mills in Muncy, PA is a local-food-and-sourcing obsessed agricultural processing company with a robust line of culinary products. We need a person who’s organized, responsible, and doesn’t mind driving a broom or dealing with oil, which is messy.
This is a somewhat flexible position for ~20-30 hours a week, in person, on site, Monday - Friday day shift. Reports to Manager on Duty, pay is $10 - $12.76/hour depending on experience, with increases for excellent work!
- Interested in learning how a one-of-a-kind oil shop does it’s thing
- Self-motivated, but great on a team
- Able to use good judgement
- Careful, Thorough, Detail oriented
- Into working in a warehouse manufacturing setting
- Able to take direction, but work generally with minimal supervision
- Able to clean and work with equipment that’s covered in oil without losing your mind
Your duties will be:
- Ensure equipment is working properly, report it to the right person if it’s not
- Understand the flow of seed from grain bins to finished products
- Facilitate purges between seed types (sunflower, canola, hemp)
- Track and record organic products at designated times
- Clean, sanitize, and maintain functionality of the shop, including floors, grain hoppers, seed cleaner, press heads, filter press, holding tanks, winterization tank, and bottling tank
- Facilitate bottling of finished product into required types
- Keep inventory of finished product
- Maintain order in the shop, including stacking and wrapping pallets
- High School Diploma
- Understanding of safe practices for food manufacturing
- Clean and hygienic
- Ability to climb & lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to operate a forklift (or willingness to learn)
- Ability to use hand tools
- Willingness to solve problems
- Humility to ask for help when needed
- Positive attitude
To apply, Please send cover letter and resume to sales [at] susquehannamills [dot] com. Thank you!