Culinary Specialist (Growth Role)
We’re growing fast and looking for a dynamic team to grow with us. The Kitchen Attendant works cooperatively with the team to support market activities. This person loves cooking & local food, and has a solid background in back of house restaurant work, awareness of best practices and sanitation (servsafe certification a major plus), and works autonomously as well as on a team. This person can stand for at least 8 hours at a time, and may infrequently be asked to work on Saturday or Sunday.
This role could extend to year round for a person who’s willing to chip in on some janitorial duties during the winter months while working to, with supervision and support from the management team, absorb some of the responsibilities relating to managing the concessions vertical of the business.
We are looking for an early-mid career food service professional who wants to work with us to grow the concessions operation and is organized, personable, mature, and an excellent communicator.
A note on our culture: We’re working to build a culture of positivity and support as we grow; everyone on our team is willing to pitch in to get things done, and we practice manners and active gratitude toward one another. We watch for strengths and support professional and personal growth. We communicate openly and honestly. We are especially interested in candidates who share the values of hard work, kindness, and honesty.
Hours: Part-time, 30 hours per week, April - November, 20 hours per week December - March
Reports to: Manager on duty
Wage: $12 - $14/hour
Specific Starting Responsibilities
- Food Prep to support markets
- Production Cooking
- Keeping inventory of kitchen supplies and food service supplies
- Supporting farmers markets, possibly occasionally filling in at said markets
- Keeping kitchen clean and orderly
- Ordering and sourcing supplies and ingredients
- High school diploma
- Experience in food service in back of house
- Knowledge of best practices for cleanliness and sanitation in food preparation
- Ability to stand for extended periods, bend, move around, and lift up to 50 lb
- Reliable transportation & valid drivers license
- Knowledge of servsafe practices or servsafe certification, willingness to acquire
- Loves Local Food
- Good sense of humor
- Positive attitude
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication
- Works well on a team or independently
We're an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applicants from all walks of life.
Email your resume and a note to sales [at] susquehannamills [dot] com. Use the position title as your subject!