Fry Cook/Kitchen Coordinator
We’re looking for a self-motivated, dynamic, local-food obsessed person to join our team to support the concession business on the back end, with production cooking, sourcing, and collaborating with our local partners on food specials for the weekends.
Susquehanna Mills in Muncy, PA is a local-food-and-sourcing obsessed agricultural processing company with a robust concession business during the spring, summer, & fall months. We make delicious, local cooking oil. We’ve been selling potato chips, french fries, and various other deep-fried foods at farmers markets and events for 15 years.
This is a somewhat flexible position for ~30 hours a week, in person, on site from May - October, Monday - Friday day shift. Reports to Manager on Duty, pay is $11 - $13/hour depending on experience, with increases for excellent work! Year-round work may be available to the right person.
- Into local food, local sourcing, local production, local local local
- Self-motivated, but great on a team
- Able to use good judgement
- Into working in kitchens and supporting food work
- Able to take direction, but work generally with minimal supervision
- Able to interface with other small businesses
- Creative and enthusiastic about local food.
Your duties will be:
- Food Prep to support markets
- Production Cooking
- Keeping inventory of kitchen supplies and food service supplies
- Working with management to plan specials & sourcing
- Supporting farmers markets, possibly occasionally filling in at said markets (not required)
- Keeping kitchen clean and orderly
- Ordering and sourcing supplies and ingredients
- High school diploma
- Experience in food service in back of house
- Knowledge of best practices for cleanliness and sanitation in food preparation
- Ability to stand for extended periods, bend, move around, and lift up to 50 lb
- Reliable transportation & valid drivers license
- Knowledge of servsafe practices or servsafe certification
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to sales [at] susquehannamills [dot] com. Thank you!