We farm about 200 acres each year on a number of farms that are in the Muncy/Hughesville area. This year we’re looking for a person who can help with planting, tending, and harvesting crops. This person is, ideally, able to keep track of what was planted, where, and when, and help to maintain a sense of urgency around getting the work done.
We are especially interested in a candidate with interest in or knowledge of modern, regenerative, sustainable farming practices.
A note on our culture: We’re working to build a culture of positivity and support as we grow; everyone on our team is willing to pitch in to get things done, and we practice manners and active gratitude toward one another. We watch for strengths and support professional and personal growth. We communicate openly and honestly. We are especially interested in candidates who share the values of hard work, kindness, and honesty.
Hours: Part-time, 30 hours per week, April - August
Reports to: Manager on duty
Wage: $15 - $17/hour
- Assist with planting
- Assist with field maintenance
- Assist with harvesting
- Help keep track of planting & harvest schedule
- Knowledge or willingness to learn:
- Sampling & nutrient best practices
- Weed & pest treatments
- Soil health practices
- Cover cropping
- Driving farm equipment to include planter, sprayer, disk, combine
- High school diploma
- Experience with farming
- Knowledge of farm equipment
- Ability to stand for extended periods, bend, move around, and lift up to 75 lb
- Reliable transportation & valid drivers license
- Loves Local Food
- Good sense of humor
- Positive attitude
- Ability to problem solve
- Excellent communication
- Works well on a team or independently
We're an equal opportunity employer, and encourage applicants from all walks of life.
Email your resume and a note to sales [at] susquehannamills [dot] com. Use the position title as your subject!